Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

Term 1 Reflection


This term Glenbrae has been having a lot of good things happen, bad things, and ugly things happen (Thanks to Mrs Tofa for the quote).We did a lot of things like some of Glenbrae Schools students went to watch the Cricket World Cup.We had a lot of fun, there because we were watching South Africa vs Pakistan. We had signs that spelt South Africa and we weren't meant to buy things there but we did. We had a lot of fun at Eden Park, when we were in the bus, driving back to school mostly everyone fell asleep.

We also had a Cricket tournament this term and I was in the team. To be honest, I was scared when we were batting because when we practice at school I am terrible at play. But when it was my turn to bat I actually hit the ball because usually I would miss. I had a lot of fun at the tournament and we also came first too. Everyone was happy that we came first even me, but we were tired and I were in pain.

The whole school has been getting taught about how to play touch.I really loved to play but it was too hot and I don’t want to get any darker than what I am.The second to last session was really fun because we played a game and in that game we had to try and get the other teams ball and throw it to your teams side without getting tagged.I was in the blue team and the other team was pink.We actually turned that game into real life because I was guarding the prison (If you get tagged you have to go to prison and to get out you have to get a high 10 from someone in your team).Erina, Dallas, Lennyx and Baden was guarding the ball and they were going serious (actually our whole class was going serious).Spoiler alert The blue team won and we were cheering but it was way too hot to stand in the sun and cheer.So we sat under the tree and drank out milk.

One bad thing about our term is that some of the Room 10 boys punched numerous holes in the boys toilet.Seeing lots of holes together is actually really gross but that is sad that they did that.So as you might know that is the ugly thing about our year.

We had a lot of test this term and it was kind of different because we did some of them online which is cool but kind of annoying because I like to read it and then write it down.It was so intense but the tests actually made me think which is good because sometimes I seem to be lost.

The day before parents interview I had to set my goals and it was fun setting my goals.But when parents interview came I didn't go because I fell asleep at home.I told myself that I would have a nap but I shouldn't of had a nap because my naps are usually 2-3 hours.My mum got angry at me because my mum and my little brother was trying to wake me up for 30 minutes.

On Fridays the year 7s and 8s of Glenbrae walk to Tamaki College because we have technology.The year 8s have technology with Mr Grundy and this would have to be the second time we are with him.Last time were with him we were creating pewter necklace and so this time we are doing wood technology.I am making a house so when I am holding out on my family with lollies and other things then I can put it in the house.I started out really good but then I broke a part of my wood that I wasn't supposed to but then Mr Grundy fixed it.I love going to technology because I love to learn new things such as wood work, pewter technology and computer technology.

I had a really this term and I hope I have fun the rest of the year until I get to college next year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment