Pages

Thursday 7 November 2013

Matariki Ball


On the 28th of June Glenbrae School was having a school ball.First of all I went home and have a shower and got change.I was wearing a black plane dress with a grey belt and plus a grey jacket.My mum straightened my hair then I went and put on my necklace and bracelet then I went to put on my shoes.When we were ready we had to wait awhile till we could go to the ball.When it was 5:30 we left to go to school and when we had arrived there we walked straight to the fence to stand in line so we can give our ticket to the teacher so they can rip it in half and we will get a stamp so we can go in and out of the ball.Then we walked inside the hall and I saw a lot of people and some was dancing.I just stood at the door with Mata and Mele because I was really shy.Then Apii told me to come with her and then I did.She told me to dance but I said “Nah it is OK because I’m to shy to dance”.Then Apii said “I was shy at first to and then I started dancing”.So I just stood there till they told us to go and sit down while they introduce everyone to the MATARIKI  Ball.After that they told the seniors to go and dance so people can choose the King and Queen for the seniors competition.Next it was the junior schools turn to get on the dance floor and dance to try and become a King or a Queen.So they started dancing to a song and when it finished they had to go and sit down.When all becoming a King and Queen dances were finished we were allowed to go and dance.I was shy at first but then Nunia came and she was shy at first but then she also told me to don’t be shy because she wasn't shy anymore.So I saw Tauola and me,Tauola,Apii and Nunia stood in a group and started dancing.The first song that came on I just stood there for half of the song but then I started dancing because I saw lots of people dancing and having fun.I was dancing with my friends for ages until it was time to go home and I had really great time dancing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment